permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fruit trees watering zones

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • Cc: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fruit trees watering zones
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:26:36 -0500 (EST)

That's useful, Antonio.

Can you tell us what your winters are like? What are your historic
low temperatures? Are there well-known warm area fruit and nut
species which are known not to grow in your area because of cool
winters?

Roughly how many hours in a winter do you have below about 8 degree Centigrade? Are there any major fruit or nut species which don't
grow in your area due to winter chilling requirements?

Can you tell us a bit more about "duplex" clay? It's not a term I am familiar with.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario