permaculture - [permaculture] rock powders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] rock powders
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:53:16 +0000

Jody wrote:
"I have the addresses for two soft rock phosphate sources, one in FL and one in
ID if you want them. Unfortunately you can't just buy bags of it at the garden
store. It usually has to be purchased through a broker to get it in smaller
amounts than a truckload."

Yes, i would like the contact for the one in FL.
Another question: what about volcanic ash? I know in some countries where there are volcanoes people sometimes use the ash to fertilize their crops. Does anyone know more about this? I sometimes think of trying to get volcanic ash from other caribbean islands. If it's acidic maybe I can combine it with limestone dust. Just one of those things I would like to try out someday.

Charles

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/