permaculture - Re: [permaculture] rock powders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] rock powders
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:14:40 -0500

Charles de Matas wrote:
LL wrote:
" Some of these rock powders are so fine that when put into solution with water it
turns cloudy and stays that way for
quite a while. Some people living in high country near Hunza area drink
white/grey cloudy water from pure, clean cold
mountain streams. A high percentage of them live to a hundred and beyond, in
robust good health"

I think the water comes from glaciers that grind the rocks over which they flow. Then they melt the water contains all these minerals that are highly beneficial to plants and the animals that feed off them. Very fascinating, Laurence, have you noticed any health benefits from consuming foods grown on your remineralized soil, i.e. apart from the improved taste?

Yes. My asthma is in check and at age 67 am in good health otherwise with
good digestion,
reasonable stamina and good outlook. I use a huge variety of probiotics,
herbal tinctures,
homeopathic remedies and vitamins along with a really clean diet that
includes a high ratio of raw foods to cooked,
the latter being some red meat (grass fed beef), tofu, rice, millet, spelt bread, power breakfast cereal and more. I farm 4 acres of production and run a big shop while spending totally sinful amounts of time at the computer. I believe in the benefits of using rock powders to grow food crops. There is a German mineral water, Apollinaris that is loaded with minerals, you can taste the saltiness in it but its not from sodium chloride.

The power cereal is:
--------------------
apple
banana
currants
pecans
almonds
nutritional yeast
molasses
soy milk
soy powder with spirulina
corn flakes or other grain
lecithin granules
flaxseed meal

Another fav meal:
-----------------
hot organic wholegrain rice
4-6 thumb sized cloves of fresh garlic, minced
good olive oil
Trocomare or Herbamare herb salt or Spike

sauted tofu spiced with lots of 90000SU cayenne pepper, ground or crushed

arugula, mustard spinach, lettuce, romaine, cucumber, celery salad
with lemon/lime juice/oilve oil/balsamic vinegar/Herbamare salt dressing

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl@intrex.net
info@market-farming.com
IM: lawrence.london@pandion.be & lfl@amber.org.uk
Market Farming
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farming.com/venaurafarm
Venaura Farm Blog
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/
Venaura Farm Gallery