permaculture - Re: [permaculture] rock powders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lisa Rollens" <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] rock powders
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:31:44 -0600

As long as the topic is rock powders, could I ask a question? Lawrence? Anyone? The only "rock powder" available around here is limestone, and it is dolomitic. My soil actually doesn't need much calcium. What kind of "rock powders" are you referring to??? I thought maybe granite, but there is no granite anywhere around. I even went to the business that makes grave monuments...mostly granite, but all the work (and hence, dust) is done in Georgia (USA). I do have a source and am using some azomite, but that is all that is available. Thanks for clarification.

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks, USA