permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sea-buckthorn

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Arina Pittman" <arina@ecoversity.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sea-buckthorn
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:17:13 -0700

The sea buckthorn in Belarus is also found in every year, and even
kindergarden plantings. As kids, we would help collecting it. Our local
medical clinic would encourage folks to bring their own sea buckthorn oil to
be used for treatment of certain maladies -
The varieties we had are significantly more tasty than the ones I
encountered in the US so far. The berries very larger, more flavor, less
acid -

We call it "ablipicha" which mean a berry that clings to the branch, as it
does cover the entire branches very tightly indeed.

Arina M.Pittman
Managing Director
505-424-9797
www.ecoversity.org
EcoVersity - Training Sustainability Practitioners