permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sea-buckthorn, Hippophae rhamnoides, was Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 38, Issue 37

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sea-buckthorn, Hippophae rhamnoides, was Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 38, Issue 37
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:14:44 -0500

I can most happily point you towards a PDF that is enthusiastic in its
endorsement and description of the plant:
http://www.tc-biodiversity.org/sample-buckthorn.pdf
If you would prefer html, try
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:txENXeWCcOQJ:www.tc-biodiversity.org/sample-buckthorn.pdf+sea+buckthorn+an+ancient+crop&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

The paper has a few citations, not many, but PFAF also has some good info.

Wikipedia, not surprisingly, has a pretty decent article with basic
information and some nice pictures; there are some links to a whole
host of other articles as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_buckthorn

Best,
neshura