permaculture - Re: [permaculture] troubled bridge Re: "a bridge over troubled waters"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kevin Topek" <ktopek@houston.rr.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] troubled bridge Re: "a bridge over troubled waters"
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:12:06 -0600

Down here in Texas we have a little saying, "Without polemic, there is no
dialectic."
Polemic definition:
1. a : an aggressive attack on or refutation of the opinions or principles
of another b : the art or practice of disputation or controversy -- usually
used in plural but sing. or plural in constr.
2. : an aggressive controversialist
Daialectic definition:
5. usually plural but singular or plural in construction a : any systematic
reasoning, exposition, or argument that juxtaposes opposed or contradictory
ideas and usually seeks to resolve their conflict b : an intellectual
exchange of ideas

Mindy Vanderford