permaculture - [permaculture] Count to ten and say to yourself...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bart Anderson" <bart@cwo.com>
  • To: "Permaculture List" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Count to ten and say to yourself...
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:59:15 -0800

Someone who is about to admonish another must
realize within himself five qualities before
doing so [that he may be able to say], thus:

In due season will I speak, not out of season.
In truth will I speak, not in falsehood.
Gently will I speak, not harshly.
To his profit will I speak, not to his loss.
With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger.

- Buddha
(Vinaya Pitaka
trans F.S. Woodward)

  • [permaculture] Count to ten and say to yourself..., Bart Anderson, 03/03/2006