permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Jean Pain and "forest thicket compost"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jerome Rigot <rigot.3@osu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Jean Pain and "forest thicket compost"
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:16:27 +0100

Hello all,

The site for the group that is continuing the work of Jean Pain is the following: http://www.jean-pain.com/index_ang.htm

The shredders specifically designed to shred along the grain are available through this company. However, it is located in France. But you can order the book on-line and the website, albeit not very good is in French and English. You may want to contact the company to inquire about the availability of these types of shredders in the Americas.

Jerome

At 09:49 PM 1/13/2006, you wrote:
At 9:30 AM -0800 13/1/06, John Fritz wrote:

>The only obstacle that I can think of (and it is a doosy) is the need
>for 50 tons of such "forest thicket compost" for each generating
>application, per Pain's use. Still I would like to determine if the
>method could be modified for smaller applications.

This is the first time I have heard of Jean Pain's system, but a
bit of Googling suggests it's just a big biogas digester.

These systems scale down to the size of a beaker, but if you're
going to use it for cooking, heating and power generation you
will need a pretty big unit!

Here's a good reference:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/MethaneDigesters/MDToC.html

And now you know some more terminology, Google will return a lot
more references.

...Richard.