permaculture - [permaculture] Red Rock, Tx: real help for families on the edge

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Red Rock, Tx: real help for families on the edge
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:59:49 -0600

Hello Everyone,

There are a surprising number of low income families that depend on a local
food pantry. Having these families grow their own food is a wonderful
solution to a problem that is getting bigger each day. We have put together
a home orchard kit to begin to help this issue. An orchard kit is only $45.
It includes a paech, apple, pecan, and plum tree, 4 blackberry bushes, a bag
of mulch, and planting and care instructions. The trees have been selected
to be very hardy for this region.

The recipients will make a commitment to caring for the trees and learning
more about how they can grow more of their own food. We are working to
bring the Green Corn project here to teach gardening skills.

If you would like to be a sponsor of an orchard kit or two, or three, or
more! Please send a check or money order to PO Box 415, Red Rock, TX 78662.
The check should be made payable to 'TreeFolks". The funds must be recieved
before January 28, 2006, and please indicate the kit(s) are for helping
local families.

This is a real solution! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Marjory Glowka