permaculture - [permaculture] Edible Forest Gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Edible Forest Gardens
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:47:23 -0500

I ordered it when it finally came out and have been reading a couple
pages a night since then.

I finished Volume 1 last night, and my head is still spinning (in a
happy way) from the amount of theory and discussion introduced. Volume
1, on the theoretical underpinnings, was hefty but Volume 2, the
practical volume, is much larger. I quail, slightly, from starting it
-- much less finishing it.

So far, I highly recommend the set though; I've not been to take time
off for a PDC, so there may be plenty of information that a certified
person would already know, but I learned a great deal from this text.
In particular, the discussions of the soil food web, nutrient flows,
and succession theories -- these were things I had not encountered in
such vivid detail anywhere else.

http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
(I got my copy from amazon though)

-neshura