permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Email addresses being put on web - SHOULD BEFIXED

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Email addresses being put on web - SHOULD BEFIXED
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:26:17 -0500

Bart Anderson wrote:

Well that's fine, as long as everyone understands what the situation is.
My address is constantly spammed, so I'm particularly aware of the problem.

Switch to mozilla and use its mail reader (not Firefox + Thunderbird though
it may work OK)
It has built-in spam locsting and eradication, works just fine, all you will
need;
no need to fret over spam any longer; find it mark it or let Moxilla email
client do that, then flush it
all into the bit bucket.

About having posts on the public Web...

I agree that it is very useful for research and publicizing permaculture.

In fact, I searched the archives a great deal, and was surprised about
eight months or a year ago when they seemed to disappear from public access.

They have never been private for more than a few weeks at a time and
infrequently at that.
They will remain public.

I'm pretty sure they did disappear (about the time that the Colorado site
csf.colorado.edu stopped hosting lists). They remained accessible if

A shame tCSF disappeared. He had all the BD and BDNow archives. What a loss.

you had a login and password, though I found them much harder to
search.

Personally I'm glad that the archives are publicly accessible.

(BTW, Google has a wonderful way to
search the contents of a just one site, such as http://lists.ibiblio.org/ ,
the site which contains the archives of permaculture and other maillists.
For example, to search the archives for messages containing the word
"potassium", enter:
potassium site:http://lists.ibiblio.org/
in the Google search window.)

Its more like: