permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Invasives

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Invasives
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:11:26 -0800

Hey Bart,

I couldn't be so adamant about this issue if my position weren't backed up
with excellent science. If you're interested in an superb answer to all your
questions, and to see how critiques of invasion biology are very well
integrated into a scientific structure (and how invasion biology itself is
not!), take the time to read David Theodoropoulos' book, "Invasion Biology:
Critique of a Pseudoscience." Well worth it.

And congrats on writing up your zone and sector ideas for the latest
Activist that you presented in earlier form so wonderfully in our design
course. Great stuff--I'm only sorry that the drawings were so blurry (a
common problem with the Activist's printer).

Toby