permaculture - [permaculture] Where I am stuck in my permaculture development

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Where I am stuck in my permaculture development
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:55:32 -0600

Over the last several years I have read a lot
about permaculture, and in tandem with that have
been working on my own "forest edge garden"
project here in central Oklahoma City. I have
learned a lot about many concepts and design
elements, but one thing that continues to elude me
is the actual design, as in the ability to sit
down and draw out a design or master plan to
implement.

I'd be interested in comments from folks about how
they do their actual design process when
considering a particular site. What do you do
first (after careful observation, of course)?

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City