permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gypsum on crop soils

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Meng Lei <earthpassengers@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gypsum on crop soils
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:14:54 +0800

Two somewhat related questions:
1) Does anyone know what home/garden use there is for the little
packets of moisture absorbant material ("lime dessicants") that come
with so many store-bought foods (especially in asia/humid climates).
It says "do not eat" on the package, but i wonder if it's safe to put
in the garden as "lime".
2) Are rotted old packages of unused "plaster of paris" safe/wise to
apply to soil in the garden?
Thanks in advance to anyone with a clue...
Peter Morehead
Earth Passengers
Taiwan