permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Persimmon Guild

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Persimmon Guild
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:25:43 -0500

Black walnuts, as I'm sure you've learned, are fairly challenging species to guild with. Many small fruits seem to thrive amongst them. I've even found that one solanaceae (tomatillo) can actually grow under them. I'd like to hear more about your successes and failures.

Lisa Rollens wrote:

Keith,

Thank you for your comments! I found the persimmon guild interesting because I am justs getting the idea of guilds and haven't worked any out for myself. That actually might not be hard because most of my trees are black walnuts and I am limited to what will grow with them. I will keep your ideas in mind, esp that these "guild plans" are just ideas, not writ in stone.

Lisa, in the Ozarks of MO

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine