permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Urbanite and red brick wall

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sheridan <russellsheridankelly@gmx.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Urbanite and red brick wall
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:15:02 +0000

Greg wrote:
I have collected a bunch of urbanite and recycled red brick and am hoping in the next two weeks to build a retaining wall out of them. The wall will be 40 feet long and only about 18 inches tall and is to hold back water. Does anyone have any resources about building with urbanite? How to do it. etc?

I don't even know what urbanite /is/. According to both google and dictionary.com urbanite simply means 'city dweller'. What is it that you have?

I'm interested in building a small garden wall soon (before planting season) and am in the process of claiming bricks from wastegrounds (of which there are quite a lot around me - lots of knocking down of houses, etc). I'll be interested in any answers to this.

Greg
--
sheridan
http://www.wildewood.co.uk/