permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Decentralized Waste Water Treatment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Decentralized Waste Water Treatment
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:14:15 EST

Scott--

Your predicament sounds a lot like an old, very funny and movingly written
novel called The Milagro Beanfield War. Buena suerte on the good fight!

I have access to a lot of source materials on artifical and constructed
wetlands-- not the least of which is a number of contact addresses for people
working within the field. Why don't you contact me, either privately or
through the
permaculture list and I can root through my garage to locate them.

Fill me in a little more on what you need to provide to the court. I'm
apparently kind of a slow study on this area of expertise.

PS The acequias you mention very likely predate the Spaniards by a number of
centuries. Cenotes and other catchment systems are a very old science in the
Sonoran Desert, and distribution networks very likely are as well. You may
find
archeological testimony to be of use in persuading the court that immemorial
usage has conserved a scarce resource successfully through collective
agreement.

Here are some links that may be useful:

http://www.lmacequia.org/

http://www.seo.state.nm.us/AcequiaCommission/