permaculture - Re: [permaculture] sunflowers and millet

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] sunflowers and millet
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:56:27 -0700

Lisa MacIver wrote:

I have also read that sunflowers are alleopathic. My alloepathic plant list, garnered somewhere on the internet (ie no guarantees):

barley rye annual ryegrass buckwheat oats sorghum alfalfa wheat red clover sunflowers
horseradish carrots
quack grass giant and yellow foxtail crabgrass curly dock

Did your curly dock entry come from my post or from elsewhere on the Internet?
I had never heard that it was allelopathic but decided that it must be from
watching it grow and spread in my field. I would like a second opinion on
this.

LL

canada thistle

--