permaculture - Re: [permaculture] earthworks, methods and equipment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] earthworks, methods and equipment
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:23:06 -0500

How do you keep from tripping on the holes when you're walking around?

On Monday, May 17, 2004, at 01:56 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

I have done something else on my land that may interest you. I rented a skid loader with 36" hole auger and went all over the downslope periphery of 3 acres of land and drilled hundreds of 3X4-5' holes. Rainfall racing downhill goes into these holes to recharge the aquifer
and irrigate, slowly, the surrounding area. I have apple trees below some of the holes that are doing quite well.