permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Spanish docs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Spanish docs
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:26:02 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

I don't have specifics for "all-purpose" PC documents. However, for
everything about building with bamboo, try contacting Oscar Hidalgo Lopez at
Universidad Nacional de Colombia. I have a copy of his volume 1, "manual de
construccion con bambu - construccion rural" in Spanish. It would be a great
reference for rural construction using any kind of polewood (if bamboo isn't a
local option), as a lot of the joints, lashings, designs etc. etc. would be
applicable. Perhaps he might have other connections, as he's done work with
appropriate rural development (his focus being bamboo construction). His
former student, bamboo architect Simon Velez, ought to be findable too.

There are definitely some people who have taught/designed/worked in Mexico and
Costa Rica and so on who might have resources and aren't on this list - a few
I know of are John Valenzuela (johnvalenzuela@hotmail.com); the Bullock
brothers (http://permacultureportal.com/HTML/Hm.htm); a PDC classmate of mine
named Mike Collins last heard from after a move to a PC teaching/community
site in Mexico and last known e-mail permizoink@yahoo.com; a teacher/designer
named Skye somewhere in Mexico who was on this list long ago.

I have seen copies of Introduction to Permaculture in Spanish - don't know a
sure source, though. Might check with Peter Bane at The Permaculture
Activist.

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration