permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Steps Toward an Economy of Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rmhoward@omninet.net.au
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Steps Toward an Economy of Permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:10:00 +0800

On 7 Nov 2003 at 11:29, John Schinnerer wrote:

> > This CO2 is there largely because of the
> > actions of the US imperium and it's devotion to the so-called
> > capitalist enterprise.
>
> This looks like a good example of how the habit of blaming and
> finger-pointing
> is of little use in designing alternatives.
>

> John Schinnerer - MA, Whole Systems Design

I don't get your point - my whole essay was 'fingerpointing' in that it was a
critique of
economic systems that ignore the realities of reproductive economics - i.e.
capitalism.

The value of this critique is that understanding the nature of reproductive
economics points the
way towards creating alternatives.

I have noticed that you are very defensive when it comes to any critical
mention of the role of
the USA in this list. Your patriotism does you proud I'm sure, but it surely
begs the question -
how can one discuss the sustainable and practical courses of action without
understanding
the impact of the most powerful government in the world which is consciously
intent upon
destroying sustainable agriculture through it's addiction to fossil fuels,
greed and war?

Bob