permaculture - leadership (was:Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: leadership (was:Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:36:31 +0200

>I lead me and you lead you and together it becomes easier to go
forward....in a line.

sounds lovely, ria, and is propably true for you and the very person you are
talking to - but it is an illusion to believe that everyone is (potentially)
like you are. not everyone who falls short of the true and responsible
humanist is a neurotic. there are people who are physically strong and
insensitive to their own bodies and there are delicate weaklings like
myself. there are those who naturally think systems, and others who can
study it for decades and still do not get it. there are those who have a
natural understanding for the past and future development, and those who
can't make these connections. there are those who can naturally act
responsible towards their own family but thats it, those who can do this
towards their village, those who can do this towards their watershed, and
very very few who actually and in their daily actions can fully adjust their
personal need-fulfilling to the needs of all the rest of this planets
population. can you? i cannot, i am still working on it. people are
different.

even back in old tribal days of veeery low population density, lots of love
and caring and no neurotic anything, you have natural leadership through the
elders, simply because they are more mature. and they are counselled by the
shamans, simply because they grasp subtle connections better. dont you do
leadership for your children? you might say "yea, but they are children."
ok, so when does this stop? when they turn 18, bang, all of a sudden they
are fully capable and responsible? some take longer to mature and some are
faster, and this is not only education, but nature as well. some are bright
and some are less so, some have big hearts and some less so, some easily
notice the consequences of their actions, and some less so.

highly sensitive people do not have a good relationship with power and
leadership. but we are only 15% of the population. the rest feels really
good about leading or being led - they only loath incompetent or partial
leadership. we humans are herd animals, and this is not going to change
within the next few 99 generations.

i think, furthering the development of competent and caring leaders is a
good thing.

georg

* * *
Georg Parlow
g.parlow@zartbesaitet.net
http://zartbesaitet.net/gp
A-1230 Wien, R.Zellergasse 70/4/1

Das Buch : "Zart besaitet"
Untertitel: "Selbstverständnis, Selbstachtung und Selbsthilfe
für hochempfindliche Menschen"
ISBN 3-9501765-0-0
www.festland-verlag.com