permaculture - [permaculture] energy futures

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] energy futures
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:24:16 +0200

>but we WILL have a landing in a low energy future.

<warning: philosophy ahaed!>

i sincerely do hope so.
ever now and then someone vents hopes about a dirt cheap,
perfectly environmentally safe and clean energy-source (with varying degrees
of conspiracy-thoughts, like "this was developed by xy in 19xx, but he was
killed" or "...but it was bought by general electrica/exxon/younameit and
filed"). this idea sounds tempting and attractive from a purely
materialistic point of view, from a deep ecology point of view it is scary.
living an energy consuming life like the modern urbanite is injuring our
integrity, our body-mind-spirit convergence on which our true happiness and
wholistic fullfillment depends. the superficial cost of enregy-consumption
(=the cost to the ego either as monetary cost [reducing my influence and
consumerist coice] or as selfimage pain "i am an environmentally responsible
person, i dont do this as bad as the others do") is currently for most
people on earth the only namable reason for not glutting even worse in
energy, removing their physical rhythms even further from the natural rhythm
of the surroundings that gave birth to, feed and harbour the body, shooting
their ainmal form criss cross the surface of the planet, dislocating their
very minds even further from their bodies, and moving ever further away from
"be here now", "marry your mind to your body" or "be a whole person". since
we humans are no separate thing but a functional emanation of our bioregion,
it makes perfect sense that the environment suffers visible damage, if we
live in a way that damages our invisible integrity.

keep growing!
georg

* * *
Georg Parlow
g.parlow@zartbesaitet.net
http://zartbesaitet.net/gp
A-1230 Wien, R.Zellergasse 70/4/1

http://zartbesaitet.net
die Webseite für hochempfindliche Menschen