permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Community Pc Gardens?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Community Pc Gardens?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:14:38 -0600

Steve, It would be great to see what you suggest play out in community
gardens, and it will happen eventually. I gave the community garden in
Carbondale, co. edable landschape material from my nursery to put around
the garden, and one gardener from the Aspen community garden traded currents
and
pea shurbs for a couple messages. Phil who was an intern here last year
took over the management of a historical garden in NYC, and is doing a lot
of pc design , He is using pc design to set up the SCA , and included a lot
of edable landscape. Change is slow. I have over 100 different per furit,
and veg here in my forest garden, and the folks in town are still planting
spinage. The whole idea is over their head. Jerome

--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>