permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Community Pc Gardens?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Community Pc Gardens?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:06:55 -0400

Is there a world-wide community garden exchange? There ought to be if not.

***There are some major regional ones:

1)US/North American with some other international members
http://www.communitygarden.org
and the email list for it, open to the general public
http://www.communitygarden.org/listserve/index.html
and yahoo has a Canadian oriented list that spun off of it
links to particular gardens
http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html

2) UK and a few other european and international members
http://www.nsalg.demon.co.uk/index.html
links to particular allotments
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/close/xpz05/allotlinks.htm
and email list open to the public
kitchengardens-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
there are some newer lists with fewer subscribers for the UK as well
AllotmentsUK-subscribe@yahoo.com
UKAllotments-subscribe@yahoo.com

3) Europe-- Coin de Terre et des Jardins Familiaux, headquarted in
Luxenbourg with rotating conference locations in alternate years, with
federations from Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland,
France, Germany, Great Britain, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland,
Sweden, Switzerland and Slowakia
http://www.jardins-familiaux.org/

I would like to find email lists for community gardens in these languages
but do not know of any other than the UK-English ones. Does anyone know of
one in (especially) French, Italian or German?

4) I haven't come across any thing for Asian, Africa or South America, and
if anyone knows of any, would like to hear. Russ just recently posted the
Australian links.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net