permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Liberal Democracies (Was 'The sinistersacking...etc')

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Liberal Democracies (Was 'The sinistersacking...etc')
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> ...perhaps because to do so is to start investigating the foundations upon
> which we all have constructed our lives - and that is a process that is
> either not begun because the foundations themselves are so buried so as to
> seem non-existent (and therefore to question nonsensical) or so deep as to
> be too intimately connected with how we live our lives (and therefore we
> do not wish to change them).

...and/or so rotten and past ready to collapse that we refuse to look,
because we know what we'll find...

>Put your votes behind a really sound, constitution-oriented judicial system
>and a democratic political system
>that adheres to a solid capitalistic economy.

A very nice multiple-oxymoron, in my observation. I can only assume this
is highly refined satire. No, I'm not kidding. :-| :-|

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration