permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Liberal Democracies (Was 'The sinistersacking...etc')

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Liberal Democracies (Was 'The sinistersacking...etc')
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:08:23 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:
Aloha,

...perhaps because to do so is to start investigating the foundations upon
which we all have constructed our lives - and that is a process that is
either not begun because the foundations themselves are so buried so as to
seem non-existent (and therefore to question nonsensical) or so deep as to
be too intimately connected with how we live our lives (and therefore we
do not wish to change them).

...and/or so rotten and past ready to collapse that we refuse to look,
because we know what we'll find...

Put your votes behind a really sound, constitution-oriented judicial system
and a democratic political system
that adheres to a solid capitalistic economy.

A very nice multiple-oxymoron, in my observation. I can only assume this
is highly refined satire. No, I'm not kidding. :-| :-|

Serious, not satire. You must be kidding not to find some value in the
concept I described, something
you considered a good idea.

Without knowing you I'd say you appear to be a hard case.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net