permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Keeping your cool....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michele May" <mmay.lmft@cox.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Keeping your cool....
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:05:01 -0400

I have not forgotten how industrialists undermined the public transportation system in early New York.  We could do better, now, then and in the future  We had cut throat industries buying influence to keep their pockets, and their children’s pockets full.  They promote(d) large scale production and its inevitable waste. Too many people buy into it saying it creates jobs.  What jobs now, everything is moving overseas thanks to bipartisan support over the years for new trade rules.  Industry pollution and what no EPA Superfund to clean it up….which drives me crazy, when the industries (corporate persons, as in corporate personhood) fail to take responsibility for their waste and place politicians in office who disempower the people, while receiving corporate payouts or quickly return to their previous corp jobs once “public service” is over.

So many dreams come around as nightmares now for the all Americans, not just the politicians who ignorantly and greedily acted as patsies to industry.

What about the average citizen who buys into the “American Dream?”

The land of plenty is now the land of plenty of unhappy people!

What can I say about a government that gives no bid contracts to corps who go offshore to avoid paying the American taxes?  I can just take my American Dream and dream about how that money could go to projects like public transportation and environmental clean-up.

My point is, there are considerably powerful and entrenched entities out there undermining what is in our best interests.