permaculture - RE: [permaculture]Hydrogen, wood, peace, justice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michele May" <mmay.lmft@cox.net>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture]Hydrogen, wood, peace, justice
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:41:50 -0400

Dear Mike:

You wrote:

> Please anticipate that the rest of the world
> needs something easy to buy locally that will run their chain saws,
> motor bikes, dump trucks, clock radios and computers.

My ideas are:

Chain saws:

Loppers, axes

Motor bikes:

Bicycles, maybe even solar powered, (maybe someone has tried
making one)

Dump trucks:

Got me there

Clock radios:

Solar

Computers:

I have a solar charger for my laptop

Other ideas I am exploring for my home:

Passive water system, out door solar shower...for the finer weather in
CT!
Composting toilet
Solar fridge, somebody mentioned

The oil/gas depletion is a reality...read www.fromthewilderness.com

Hoping to survive the transition and teach my children well...