permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Regional sustainable diets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Johanna Huss Dowd" <johanna_dowd@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Regional sustainable diets
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:49:06 -0400

Steve Diver wrote:

> The permaculture databases have a lot of information
> on perennial vegetables and food-bearing plants.

Could you elaborate a little on perennial vegetables?
My list of perennial vegetables is very short. So far I have in my perennial
veggie beds Nettles, Good King Henry, Seakale, Asparagus, Cardoon,
Sunchokes, Sorrel, Comfrey, Walking Onion (plus Chickweed and Dandelion and
other wild ones). I also have lots of edible flowers and fruits. What else
can you recommend?

Whatever happened to the Perennial Vegetable Seed Company that is mentioned
in "Gaia's Garden"

Johanna in NJ