permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Regional sustainable diets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Regional sustainable diets
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

>> It might then have to be a personal decision as to whether
>> the relative harm (to the environment) of transporting staple vegan
>> foods to a population is outweighted by the relative harm (to people,
>> animals and the environment) of using animal foods.

For a while there may be a choice...and then, when we wake up with a
*really* nasty hangover from guzzling the *last* jug of our fossil fuel
mega-binge, there won't. We'll eat regionally sustainable diets or cease
to inhabit our region. Double order of camas bulbs, and buckwheat greens
on the side please, waiter... ;-)

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing