permaculture - Re: [permaculture] on cars and communal building

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "HS" <wal@pc.jaring.my>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] on cars and communal building
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:28:28 +0800

In my farm I use recyled cooking oil as diesel. As far as my pocket is
concerned, it is more expensive than normal diesel. But I see a spark of
sustainability community-wise. The small town that I get the used cooking
oil from gets them from nearby oil palm and coconut oil refineries (which
employs town folks). Diesel however is "imported".
I have not been able to convince my neighbours to do the same, for now
anyway. Everything is a matter of costs and time.

Regards

HS