permaculture - [permaculture] Provokative question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: treaclemine@intranet.org
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Provokative question
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 00:55:39 -0600

Greetings,

I think I must be feeling feisty...

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:17:56PM +0800, HS wrote:

> 4. look at a resident-wide voluntary project to have a common
> car-washing area

How quickly does sustainable culture need to move away from
fossil fuel usage? Should committed permaculturists be giving up
private fossil fuel burning cars as quickly as possible, and moving to
sustainable forms of transport (including community vehicles running
on alternative fuels)? How important are communal sustainable car
washing facilities in comparison to these reductions in fossil fuel
burning?

For the record, I'm personally car-free, and working hard to wean
my partner away from private car use (currently in house move hell to
get within cycling distance of my partners work as well as mine).

Thanks!

Amanda in the UK

--
treaclemine@intranet.org