permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Apartment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "HS" <wal@pc.jaring.my>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Apartment
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:17:56 +0800

If I have just moved into an existing apartment, this is what I wud do:
1. sun-shading to reduce energy costs for cooling during hot weather
2. increase ventilation throughout by installing lourves where there are air
movement "dead" zones
3. talk to resident committee or management about installing a rain-water
storage system for watering of common grounds, etc.
4. look at a resident-wide voluntary project to have a common car-washing
area and to divert discharge into a wet-lands to filter and remove nutrients
prior to discharge.
5. plant food plants and herbs everywhere, in apartment and common areas,
landings, in lift lobbies, etc. (fire and safety requirements duly noted)

Regards

HS