permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 1/2 v trencher, moldboard plowm trenches

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 1/2 v trencher, moldboard plowm trenches
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:15:42 EST

Good day,

Mark writes: <<A single moldboard plow will throw a 4-8 inch/ 12-24 cm deep
trench with a similarly sized slice of earth adjacent to it.... >>

Appreciated the descriptions of the various tools.

Please don't laugh, but down here it's tough just trying to get the name of a
tool that will do a specific job well. Folks seem to use different names for
a lot of tools. Makes it very confusing for a newbie. Harrows is one term
that seems to cover a number of tools that are different.

Often you NEED to know exactly what you want, and then they someone MIGHT be
able to help. But if you can't describe it exactly you may be in trouble:)

I try and go to the big farm shows but often the kind of machinery we often
discuss is not shown. Shoot at some auctions I see a lot of tools that I
don't even know what they are, or how they were used. Besides much of the
more modern equipment seems to be bigger, wider, have more HP, etc., to
enable more work to be done more quickly and with less labor, and often more
operator comfort:)

And these all come at a hefty price...contrary to the options I'm looking
for! Geez!

Bye for now! Frank