permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Outdoor Woodstoves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Outdoor Woodstoves
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:31:44 EST

Good day,

In a message dated 11/18/02 1:08:21 PM, johnnyg8@bellsouth.net writes:

<< On waterstoves (outdoor wood boilers hooked to hydronic slab/baseboard
heaters... >>

I looked into these outdoor wood burning stoves a few years ago. But it
seemed at that time there were quite a few problems with exhaust pollution,
condensation etc. And finding qualified installer in a rural area might be
tough.

Many of these ideas sound so good. But details, and problems often glossed
over.

What is the name of the outdoor stove manufacturer, Johnny, that was started
by a former Tarm employee?

I looked into Tarms too. But they sure were expensive!
As were the masonry heaters, and Kachelofens.

Since I have so much wood about. I'd like to find a way to safely burn same,
and heat house, and workshop etc.

Look forward to the lists comments. Frank