permaculture - Re: [permaculture] corn burning and straw building

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kelly Finigan" <kfinigan@telus.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] corn burning and straw building
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:48:03 -0700

Meg:

pigs can tear a building apart.. a pig farmer around here built a strawbale
barn with stucco. The pigs tend to "root" about with their snouts and
demolished the stucco. Another pig farmer friend thinks a knee-high concrete
wall inside would prevent the pigs from damaging the stucco. I don't know
about the other animals, but my gut feel is a greenhouse with high humidity
might begin to rot if made from strawbales...maybe somebody has seen a straw
greenhouse?

cheers,
Kelly

Kelly Finigan, M.Sc. P.Eng., Permaculture Designer
Essential Elements Inc.
744 - 4 Street NW Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1P2
1-403-283-7270 fax 283-9783 kfinigan@telus.net