permaculture - [permaculture] where you from?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rollens" <rollens@your-net.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] where you from?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:22:54 -0500

Hi!

I am also relatively new to the list and very new to the permaculture idea, altho I have been incorporating some of it's ideas for years in my gardening.  Have lived in several southern US states and am currently residing in (doing time?) in Ohio (USA).  HOWEVER, similar to Frank in Kentucky, I have bought a farm in the Missouri Ozarks and am very anxious to get moved to it.  Just need to wait until the house sells here.

This farm is 156 acres, and is in the Ozarks, which is a rocky, hilly region.  However, I got the valley between the mountains too!  There is enough bottom land for me to farm and garden to my hearts content, and still have plenty left over for pasture.  I see all kinds of potential for this land and am literally chomping at the bit, so please keep those starting up ideas coming in!  I am plowing thru the Permaculture Design Manual, but think I need a simpler book to get a better feel for where to start.  Any suggestions?

Frank...need a visitor?  I'm outside of Cincinnati...