permaculture - Re: [permaculture] where you from?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] where you from?
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 02 11:09:58 -0000

Am enjoying seeing where folks on this list live and what they're doing -
this thread is pulling in responses from names I don't see much (if at
all) - I often wonder who's out - reckon their must be a big silent
majority and I'm a curious creature by nature....

I live 'down under' in the subtropical north coast region of NSW. One of
richest biodiversity belts in Australia, world heritage rainforests in
the hills and magnificent beaches along the coast. I've 5 acres in the
hills on the edge of Nimbin village (frequently dubbed 'alternative
capital of Oz') and next door to Jarlanbah a 55 acre permaculture
semi-rural 'ecovillage'.
Here I've created a permaculture training centre and cornucopia of
abundance and biodiversity over the past 8 years on what was formerly a
barren cow pasture. As well as PDC's we conduct courses in Ecovillage &
sustainable community design and training for folk intending to work in
3rd world and indigenous communities.
For the past 2 years I've been running the place solo with help (in the
gardens) from interns and the fairly constant stream of wwoofers who come
through. I'm looking for a few energetic dedicated permies to buy in and
really get this place rocking. Looking at an expanded
house/micro-cohousing concept. Also open to part-time residents,
temperate northern hemisphere dwellers who'd like to escape the winter
and be productive year-round.
You can visit my website www.earthwise.org.au
Am building a new website with interactive garden tour - will let you
know when it's up
Robyn

Djanbung Gardens Permaculture Education Centre
home to:
Permaculture Education
ERDA Institute Trust
Nimbin Eco-Village Project Office
Robyn Francis - permaculture designer & educator
PO Box 379, Nimbin NSW 2480 Australia
Ph 02-6689 1755 Fax 02-6689 1225
permed@nor.com.au www.earthwise.org.au