permaculture - Re: [permaculture] to Treesa

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "living-change" <living-change@ntlworld.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] to Treesa
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:54:03 -0000

Treesa,

As indicated earlier I expect us to move probably around Xmas or latest by
end of January. We will be starting by setting up a veg garden and observing
the land in general. We already know that we want to plant a few more fruit
trees and want to start planting bushes for a hedge at the far sides of the
land. Beyond that we have ideas not plans, we would like to install ponds
(no natural surface water at the moment on the land), bio treatment for
grey/black water, a windmill, plant vines on exposed walls and work on the
buildings, build pagoda, and mediation hut, plant more trees and work with
herbs, hemp, etc. We also want to work on the soil to improve it, but not
clear yet what we want to do specifically. By and by we would like to get
some animals and learn to work and integrate them in the evolving system.

So there is a lot to do, by the summer we would already be a (little) step
further I hope. That would be a good stage for some input from 'outside'.
You are welcome! Not sure yet what we can offer in terms of accommodation
etc... Something we need to see closer to the time I guess.

What do you think?
Rita
PS: There are other permaculture projects in the area (Georg knows of some
and we met one and know of another 'local' permaculturist).