permaculture - Re: [permaculture] where you from?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Burns <burns@panix.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] where you from?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:26:23 -0500 (EST)

I've just bought a 38 acre plot of old abandoned farmland with a mix of
brush, forest, meadow and swamp in the Finger Lakes Region of NY.

I have a lot of work still left just building my off-grid, super insulated
cottage before I can start mapping, assessing and designing my
permacu;ture homestead. Likewise I hope to get my PC credentials sometime
in the next few years. I worked for almost a year on a permaculture
project in Guatemala, but money and time constraints haven't given me a
chance to become an "official" PC practitioner... yet.

-Michael Burns
Cayutaville, NY