permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Black Locusts, more....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Black Locusts, more....
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:27:39 -0700

On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 11:31 AM, Rick Valley wrote:

My question remains: What tree species do people recommend for rot-resistant
timber in cool temperate zones? I don't want to rely on big companies
providing me with toxics just to have a fence post that lasts longer than 5
years.

a lot of people around here use white oak but of course that is not fast growing nor does it coppice. mIEKAL