permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Black Locusts, more....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Black Locusts, more....
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:27:01 -0500

At 11:37 PM 10/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
Lastly, I'm not so sure I'd want to drink rainwater collected from rooves in
urban areas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a bit of airborne
pollution around urban centers that would fall as rain?

Cheers,
BK

You're only wrong in that it's hardly just an urban phenomena. There are significant toxics in most rain water, my advise is to allow the first of the rain to wash the roof off and drink the later stuff. Eat well and welcome the challenge of a bit o poison, can't really avoid it any how....

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK