permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture]PC Design Charette Call Up

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture]PC Design Charette Call Up
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:20:25 -0500

At 10:24 PM 10/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
My question is: what are y'all going to do differently before and/or
during getting together in person at Frank's place so that you don't
simply repeat the above pattern?

Assuming you don't want to just repeat it in person, that is. I
personally would find it rather frustrating, were I in the shoes of any
party to such a situation.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA

I think Frank needs focus, IMO on the cattle enterprise. Many farm plans suffer from too much plan for the labor available; but eating this elephant is just like any other, you take it one bite at a time. The trick is knowing which things to do first, and the goal is to bite first where the most long term benefit AND labor savings will come from. Once the major enterprise is running well that generates the cash and hopefully the time to move on to the secondary enterprises. As to wether the course work in situ will be more valuable than this box, I think the answer is yes. Just having experienced folks look the place over will get ideas flowing.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK