permaculture - [permaculture] Re: [permaculture]PC Design Charette Call Up

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture]PC Design Charette Call Up
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

Not being shy, I've got a question for all potentially involved in
this:

> Here's your chance to participate in a real world PC Design
> Challenge on
> a 450 farm preserve in beautiful south central Kentucky; and to help
> demonstrate that PC can work on such a scale.
> If we could get everyone together for 3-5 days we should be able to
> gather
> enough detailed observations to begin the PC Simulation in earnest
> via a forum on the Internet.
> So, don't be shy please let me hear from you soon. We'll need to do a
> lot of preliminary planning, and coordination to make this work:)

For a while lately we've had a 'design charette' thread going on the
list for Frank's farm. What I've observed is this:

1) Frank, you ask lots of good questions relevant to PC designing for
your land.

2) List, we give him lots of good (or at least interesting and/or zany
:-) answers.

3) Frank, you are consistently appreciative of our feedback and input.
You also consistently write that in most cases you do not have one,
some or all of the time, money, person-power or equipment to implement
what you often agree are good design ideas on your fairly large spread.

4) Repeat from step 1) above.

My question is: what are y'all going to do differently before and/or
during getting together in person at Frank's place so that you don't
simply repeat the above pattern?

Assuming you don't want to just repeat it in person, that is. I
personally would find it rather frustrating, were I in the shoes of any
party to such a situation.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA