permaculture - [permaculture] Energetics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Energetics
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:26:26 -0500

Hi Heide

>> What if...water had an affinity for certain plants, but not others? <<

Yes, in the videos, "The Private Life of Plants," the degree of interaction
between the plants and their polinators and predators is amazing. The
plants evolve around the physiology of the insects and visaversa.

Who's to say that there isn't such a relationship between water and the
organisms that are either attracted or repelled by it.

Victor Schaubhurger, a German Forester, really came to understand the
dynamic properties of water and invented aquaducts that would actually carry
felled trees up hill. I believe he also invented siphons / fountains that
ran perpetually.

This invisible realm of temperature grades, friction and resistance, and
viscosity is just the tip of the iceburg when it comes to all of the levels
of interaction between water and living organisms.

>> What if.... it's just an "energy thing" and has nothing at all to do
with the vegetation? <<

Well, it's definitely an "energy thing," but my guess would be that the
plants are broadcasting as well as receiving energies, that they are
transmitters of energetic waves as well as antennas picking them up.

Mark points out the physical factors that dominate the visible realm, but I
might point out that these factors themselve likely create an enrgetic
resonance - i.e. a river washes a plain away until there is a canyon and a
mesa. The energy of that mesa overlooking a gorge would certainly be
different than a river running accross a plain.

It does seem a bit essoteric but I wouldn't dismiss the many unseen
energetic responses to changes in topography, geologic composition, water
sheds, etc.

A buddy of mine, Tim Kiphart, and I would like to restore prairie lands
energetically rather than say mechanically. The biodynamic folks make field
broadcasters, tubes that you set underground with BD prep's in them, that
will affect acres and acres of land.

Supposedly you can weaken less desireable species like Johnson and Bermuda
grasses and encourage your native grasses and wildflowers. Sounds a bit
hoaky, but if it works I wouldn't want to overlook it.

Kirby