permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gabions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gabions
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:10:18 -0500

At 02:52 PM 7/30/02 -0400, you wrote:
greetings, I am looking for informatiom about gabions (permable stone
structures set across gullies, for example). I read an interesting
article in the Permaculture ctivist and think that we could use this
technique to assist in the restoration of the gully like ruts found on
clear cuts. The ruts are created by the heavy equipment used on site.

Bob Ewing

Might pair these up with brush dams to archive your goals. Certainly should be plenty of material to work with in a clear cut.
Mark