permaculture - Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:39:36 +0100

The imporatnat thing IMHO about PC courses isn't so much the 'facts &
knowledge', which indeed you could proabaly pick up with judicious home
study and reading, and from applied work , so much as the group dynamics,
the fact that for the duration of the course a learning 'community' is
formed, in which group knowledge, skills, personalities, etc come
together... THAT is the really valuable part...

As for gaining a permaculture diploma in 2 months... well in the UK the
diploma process involves a minimum of 2 years applied Permaculture work from
completion of a 72 hour PC design course... Personal;ly I tool 3 years,
others have been doing PC for years and still not got their diploma- not
sure of the diploma's 'worth' as such anyway, personally I see it more about
recognition of one's personal achievement and reaching a certain stage of
deeper understanding of what 'permaculture' is about and how that is
incorporated into one's practice & lifestyle...

I don't think a PC diploma would help you get a job or anything though in
the way a 'recognised qualification' would...

Graham
www.landand liberty.co.uk