permaculture - Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 07:45:28 -0500

At 08:45 PM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
Hi everybody-

I am looking for a home course that would allow me to receive a diploma or certificate (In a couple of months) in permaculture or sustainable agriculture design.

Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Dervaes
jeremyd08@hotmail.com

My advise is to ignore the absurd obsession people have with getting their shiny PC certificate. I have yet to take any PC design course. I have enough knowledge gained from organic farming, grazing, landscaping, ecological restoration and a quick trip through the design manual that it would be a waste of my time to take such a course. IF you can read the books, get out and look at some sites, network with others and fill in any gaps in your education on how to patch the world up a PC course is not necessary. It is only really valuable if you are a relative neophyte. This view is mine alone, I'm sure others will suggest you take a course, and if you have the time and money it sounds like fun. If not just go for it and don't worry about the folks that think PC is a trade marked club for those who went to school.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK